An Interlinked Database of Shakespearian Plays and Characters
This resource is an interlinked database of Shakespeare's work: there is a collection with works and one with characters. For each of the works there is information on the Genre, Number of words, Number of speeches, Years of its first play and first print version and a brief description. For each of the characters there is data on the Play it appears, Gender, Number of speeches, and a small summary of the role.
You can use it to search for individual works and characters, create visualizations combining the linked data to see statistics, just like we did here:
- Characters with Most Speeches
- Female Characters: Play with Highest Ratio of Female Characters
- Female Characters: Roles with Most Speeches
- Male Characters: Plays with Highest Ratio of Male Characters
- Male Characters: Roles with Most Speeches
- Plays with Most Speeches
- Plays with Most Words
- Plays with More Characters
- Plays that Waited Longer Before Going to Print
- Years with the Most Plays Staged for the First Time
Shakespeare's 37 Plays
Follow Silk on Twitter and tweet us your feedback!